View Single Post
Unread 11-24-2021, 07:52 PM   #9
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,906 Times in 2,688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
I normally load three different loads for the Short 10 two of them are 1 1/4 ounce and the others 1 1/8 . In all three I use SP-10 wads . Initially I used 16 gauge 1/8 cards in the shot cup . Someone on here made a comment about using Cheerios as a spacer/filler and someone else said they used beans . I was trundling thru the Mexican foods section of the Food Kitty one day and saw bags of red beans so I bought a bag think they were $1.50 . Took them to the shop and put them in my desk drawer still using card wads for spacers and an overshot wad to keep the folded crimp flat (I’m anal like that , I need flat crimps). One day I ran out of cards so I pulled the bag of beans out and tried them . All I can say is it’s a heck of a lot easier and cheaper . I no longer use spacers in the cup or the overshot card for a flat crimp . Cost is less , crimp looks fine and foremost it speeds up the process on the damn single stage loader .

Craig, if you use the right legumes in your shells you can both shoot clays and plant a warm season food plot.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!