View Single Post
Unread 03-14-2021, 12:44 PM   #24
Tom Flanigan
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,253 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Carter View Post
Tom we are a technology society and not a bad thing. I am the same on the draw of a compound, it helps this aging skeleton. Wounding is to be avoided no matter what but it will happen. That was the most extreme example i could think of at the time.
Wounding is a major issue for me and is the main reason for going with a compound. I don't trust myself to get good enough to shoot a recurve anymore. If it wasn't for the compound bow, I would have never got back into bowhunting. I always scoffed at compound bows an claimed it wasn't really bowhunting. Then for Christmas, the owner of the land I hunt bought me a compound bow. He wanted to see me get back into bowhunting. As a young kid, he remembered me bowhunting the property which was owned at that time by his father and before that by his grandfather who was a close friend of my grandfather. Between my grandfather and I, we have been hunting the property for 87 years.

I have not lost a deer since I was in my teens and then only two. My grandfather taught me to be meticulous about the shots I take on deer and game and it has paid off. Between regular hunting and crop damage permits I have taken over two hundred deer, five bear and many moose. I wish everyone could grow up under the tutelege I did.
Tom Flanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Flanigan For Your Post: