Thread: New Lifter
View Single Post
Unread 04-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
Richard B. Hoover
Forum Associate

Member Info

Todd,

Now I found your pictures. That is a beautiful Parker. The teardrop sculpting is similar to the Poker Parker #3561 shown in the Double Gun Journal articles Winter 2008, Spring 2009. I am curious about the barrels. It is clearly a Grade 5 or Grade 6. Have you gotten a letter yet? The Damascus pattern is too faint to see clearly, If you look under the Forend is it sharp enough to discern whether or not it is 3-iron or 4-iron damascus?

The fact that a modern 12-ga shell is sloppy in the chambers suggests to me that this is probably either an 11-ga or 10-ga Parker, The next test should be to try to chamber a modern 10-ga shell. If it fits, the gun is most likely a 10-bore chambered for 10 Paper or 10A brass shells. If it is too big for the chambers, the gun may be a 10-bore chambered for brass 10B shells or 11A brass or #11 paper shells. The only way to know for sure is to measure the inner diameter of the bores. It would also be interesting to know if your gun has full length tapered bores. If you want help with that just let me know, I have all the bore gauges needed.

Richard
Richard B. Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote