View Single Post
Unread 04-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #10
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,565 Times in 3,073 Posts

I was talking to a friend who collects knives and told him how many shotguns I now had. He also has lots(!) of knives, but when one really nice knife came up for sale at a high price, he said it was just too much for him. I asked him how much money he thought he had in his collection. When he told me, he got a funny look on his face, realizing he could have purchased several really high end knives for what he had in his current collection.

I have the same situation, but I'm not sorry that I own any of the guns I do...but I do sure wish I had more upper end guns. What's a guy to do?! I see lots of our ranks selling lower grade guns, and my guess is that they are "upgrading" their collections. I think this is where a lot of the talk of a depressed market comes from -- guys like me trying to sell guns to buy more guns. I've finally decided to just keep what I have and enjoy the heck out of them...and, of course, buy a higher end gun when I have the funds.

I sure like that lifter you posted. I'll bet it will take game and shatter clays. Looks like a great acquisition to me! Barrel pitting, if the barrels are still safe, can be like opening the chokes a bit when used with soft lead shot. Each gun is an individual and has its own character. I like living with them (which means using them and admiring them).
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: