View Single Post
Unread 12-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Austin, I saw that photo. I don't think I've seen the gun, but at 7/3, its extraordinarily light for a 12/32. The closest my guns come to that is a 12/32 ( straight grip) at 7/15, which I thought was light. Can you describe more about the gun, is it twist or fluid steel and how did Parker get it so light? I'm not saying the barrels are thin, but are they thinner than usually seen, say about .030 or a little under? I assume its a 1 frame gun but you know these one frames vary widely in weight.

Thanks for the extra copies of the Winter 2010 PP's. I have received a number of emails about the Parker Hawes article, as I'm sure you have also. I believe its the most comprehensive work on them so far.....too bad we didn't have that wonderful 28 page brochure at the time of writing, that only surfaced when I mentioned the article to a well known western fly fishing historian and rod builder. He said that a number of years ago, he bought a little used P-H rod in case with all paperwork, bill of sale, original pamphlet, from a person in western Nebraska who used to fish northern Colorado and who had purchased the rod new in 1934.

Best regards,
Bruce
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote