View Single Post
Unread 11-24-2018, 12:49 AM   #10
Brett Hoop
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Christie View Post
Please tell us more about the e-maps. I have never heard of what you're referring to. Thanks. Jeff
Jeff
Ann Jandernoa the breeder of my Setter pup is who produces Scout N Hunt.

Scout N Hunt is a statewide mobile map that you can put on your computer, phone, or tablet. It doesn't require cell service or internet connection to function.
The mapping highlights Prime Aspen the 9-16 year old cuts. Marginal Aspen those slightly older. Along with lowlands, conifers,northern hardwoods. Also trails,public lands and roads. It is all color coded, so you can see the make up of the habitat and how to get there. It's built by grouse hunters for grouse hunters.
Put it on your phone, and when your in a cut with one touch it will zoom into your location. Never having been in these covers before, that was nice to have info. I made the leather holder for my IPad to use in the truck, so I could get from one cover to another without having to look at my phone.

I am a grouse loonie, but I live a long way from the better grouse areas of the upper mid west. It's hard to make enough scouting trips, although we did go up to WI this summer for a week in an attempt to get my bearings, I only walked into one cover we ended up hunting come October.

It comes from Northwind Enterprises, www.northwnd.com and or a search for Scout N Hunt should find it. I am very much elementary about computers and Ann was able to get me started with it very quickly.

I am sort of a proof of the pudding is in the eating kind of guy, in short the pup had I think 87 productives. Those are points only counting both grouse and woodcock. But not counting grouse he bumped, there were at least 5 or 6 of those. He struggled with a few that thought they were road runners.
I know I shot 51 shells:
I talked with Ann one night and she mentioned 1 and only 1cover, but we had already hunted it that same day. She was not directing us to coverts. I would have welcomed that, but we just used the map. That is why I think so highly of it. They offer it in a number of states but I don't recall all of them she produces.
Brett Hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brett Hoop For Your Post: