View Single Post
Unread 11-23-2018, 02:06 PM   #6
Brett Hoop
PGCA Member

Member Info

Reggie

My current favorite grouse and cock Parker is a mutt. My dear to me Scotch Yankee friend calls it a hodgepodge, but then kindly adds that he would like to have it. It started out as a VH 28" 28 ga. Before I found it someone had long ago restocked it with Bishop replacement wood. I guess that was lucky for me or I may not have been able to afford it. Couple of years back I found a Parker 0 frame take off with a skeleton butt that most seem to think of grade 4 but the checkering pattern is not exactly typical C in that there is a little tail to the pattern. There is a Parker SN in the lower tang section, but it's among the missing records. The fore end is from an 0 frame grade 5 fully checked. On much of this hunt the gun was used with a set of 20 ga barrels that had been cut to 26 3/4" retaining .010/.005. They snap right on the gun, and have mid and front ivory. The leather slip on is just to protect the checkered skeleton butt. It is all Parker, but only the frame and 28ga barrels are original. I like it a lot, and appreciate it even more in the aspen cuts where it gets most of it's chances.
Brett Hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brett Hoop For Your Post: