View Single Post
Unread 02-23-2021, 01:42 PM   #10
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,306 Times in 446 Posts

My number 1 Parker misfire was a big one, but it wasn't the guns fault. I bought a sweet little VHE-20 ST vent rib gun off Gunbroker from a seller in Maine. "Dean Knows the gun" After I had the gun in my possession for a least six months a cop showed up at my door asking about the gun. He told me it had been reported stolen & had the paperwork from the Maine court system showing he was to take possession of the gun and send it back to Maine. The last I saw of the gun was the cop walking down my driveway with it & putting it in the trunk of his cruiser.

The pawnshop seller in Maine said he checked if the gun was stolen before he listed it on GB and basically said it look's like you have a fight on your hands, it not my problem now and refused to refund any money on it. I did get named as a restitution person from the criminal case involving the thief for what ever that was good for. Bottom line is I lost close to $5000.00 on that deal!! I do have a Eastern insurance policy on my collection, but they deigned my claim due to the clause about not being covered for government confiscation.

This one still stings to this day!!
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paul Ehlers For Your Post: