View Single Post
Think I have found my spring turkey load!
Unread 03-22-2021, 08:53 PM   #1
Cory Rams
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Think I have found my spring turkey load!

I loaded up a few light loads with DuPont FG and worked my way up in powder charge weights/loads today. My left barrel definitely has a tighter choke than my right. I started with 1 3/8 oz loads of #6 and worked my way up to a square load of 4.5 drams (116 grains of FG) and 1 5/8 oz load of #6 listed on track of the wolf. The best patterns came from a powder charge of 100 grains of FG along with 1 5/8oz of nickel plated #6’s. The recoil with the 100 grain, 1 5/8 oz load was pretty comparable, if not just a hair more recoil, to the RST 1 1/4oz loads. It was the funnest time I’ve had in a long time with my pants on.lol

Here are my best two targets out of the 10 rounds I tried today. They were patterned at 25 yards. I had 40 hits using one single 1/4” nitro card over 100 grains of DuPont FG and 1 5/8 oz of BPI nickel plated #6’s. I glued a shot card over the top. The second best load was exactly the same accept I split one of the nitro cards in half and seated it on top of the first nitro card.

A few other targets with left a d right barrel comparison patterns. The right kept blowing the pattern.

Here were my loads...

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/DjKc4K8.jpg[/IMG]
Cory Rams is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cory Rams For Your Post: