Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Hause View Post
W.A. King for Parker Bros.

As regards the shape of the chamber cones, we have tried very long taper cones, short, abrupt tapers, and now use on of a certain standard length, which is nothing but two reverse curves, easily run from the end of the chamber and as easily curved into the bore proper. When the tools are kept up so that these curves are correct, we consider that we have a properly shaped cone, and one that does no harm whatever to the shooting or patterning of the gun.Recognizing the shells then were roll-crimped and were (long) before plastic wads, I suspect Bro. King would be unimpressed by the "modern" extra long cones

Regarding the "two reverse curves" in King's description of the cutting of the cone - this is exactly what Austin Hogan would term "OGEE cones" and described the cutting of Parker's chokes the same way... "OGEE choke tapers" and he plotted several of his own Parker's chokes and chambers, several of which I was given.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote