View Single Post
Unread 06-28-2019, 10:32 AM   #13
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,623 Posts

The trigger above that Harry shows is a Miller trigger.

A proper conversion from a Miller would require a lot of work to the trigger plate or replacement of the trigger plate entirely.

Regarding conversion from Parker Style SST to DT on Repro or original Parker, there are a number of things to consider and also a few different ways to approach to job. A minimalistic job can be done which would leave the trigger plate unaltered and will physically show evidence of the SST on the outside after the job is done. Or external evidence of this work can be removed entirely. The subject of the safety mechanism and stock head inletting can come into play depending on what the needs of the guns owner are. All these different factors effect the work involved and therefor the price one may expect to pay.

I have heard of some gunsmiths charging as low as $300 for a DT conversion on Parker Repros. from seeing the guns, I know that these are minimalistic jobs where no trigger plate modification is done and parts are simply swapped out or slightly modified. Beyond that, I cannot say for sure what they did inside. I suppose different people may have different ways to approach the problem.

I personally feel that with just the parts value and labor involved, $300 may be on the light side. But that is just how I feel.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!