View Single Post
Unread 01-19-2016, 10:01 PM   #18
Jen Fischler
PGCA Member

Member Info

Hello All!

Thank you all for the comments, she is pretty and in very good condition no cracks only a few scratches in the stock. Barrel is 32" and in good shape only a little rubbing from the forearm when we took it off to check it out - even the ivory sights on the rail look new...

So here is my story and how I came to the world of Parker guns.

I come from a outdoor family, both my grandfathers and father were hunters, fish, boaters and campers so I grew up with exposure to this world. My dad's father did competition shooting (trap & sporting clay) I have his medals in a box he built to display them - very cool!

I am a avid shooter; I don't hunt live game but but enjoy sporting clay and trap, my true forte is handguns and rifle shooting vs. long guns. I have yet to master the gun that is almost as tall as me

This is actually my second Parker gun; I am a very lucky girl with a great guy who gave me both of my Parker's as gifts. The other is a shotgun serial number #124552, VH hammerless - 12g 30" barrel (Vulcan steel).

As a x-mas gift this year he purchased a membership for me and had a research letter requested... The story of the gun history is very interesting.

It was an very thoughtful gift that I really cherish and that is how I became a Parker girl.

I am amazed by the craftsmanship of the Parker guns, the beautiful wood, metal work and the engraving on some of the guns is ineradicable to say the least.

We found the SBT in one of our favorite small town out in the middle of no where gun shops that get in consignment items, often they are rare bears and odd duck guns but great finds at the right time! The owner is a odd man (no offense) who kind of lights up when I walk in the shop (I know what you are thinking, he sees $$).
Anyway I was looking for a over/under or side by side and it was mentioned I have a Parker, he said "I have something for you to look at" with a wink and that is the story of how my SBT came into my life.

Hope to shoot it this spring after we come out of the deep freeze we are in at this time. Yes I'm a girl the under 20 degree weather is too much for me.

Take care!
Jen
Jen Fischler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Jen Fischler For Your Post: