View Single Post
Unread 06-07-2017, 01:57 PM   #28
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,075 Times in 338 Posts

Thanks for the compliments Mr Dwyer

My guns are always available for anyone to look at, discuss, etc.

I have a lot of original guns. My thing in the past was D grade straight grip no safety guns. I have a few of those still around. But over many years I have enjoyed taking an otherwise unusable/ unsafe Parker and turning her into what I want/ or would order from Parker today if they were still in business.
I have been fortunate to know Dave Fjelline and be able to have him work on my guns as well as other notable gunsmiths/ artians.

I believe form follows function. I have specific things I like in my guns to help me shoot my best. I have tried to resurrect these guns into what I want/ my formula. If I were to wait around for an all original unmolested Parker in the configuration I like, I would never find what I am looking for or would never ever be able to afford.

It has been a very fun and educational approach. I know it offends several people and is not for them but I am not trying to please anyone other than myself. I do ask those to remember that I am not and have not ever taken a safe or usuable Parker and molested it. As Mr Dwyer so plainly put, these were otherwise unusable pieces of "junk" (in some peoples opinion. You see junk I see potential) and resurrected them back to something usable and put them back in the field.
John Truitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to John Truitt For Your Post: