View Single Post
Parker Stocks- Galazans
Unread 05-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #8
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thumbs up Parker Stocks- Galazans

Thank you Dave-I like the new format, kudoes to all who brought it about. I did re-enter Tony's website and looked in the "Novelty" section, and did find, so far, one possible Parker stock.

Off topic, but I was a bit amazed at the number of Model 21 buttstocks listed, and at what I consider to be "low-end" prices when weighed against the going price for almost any M21 today.

Tony has a grade 7 (AAH?) buttstock at $550.00, my "project Parker" is a grade 2 (GH) so putting that stock on my gun might be a bit like putting the front on the Alpha Romeo- shown on page 107 of Spring Issue- DGJ- on a VW Beetle. I have never dealt with Tony, I can understand why perhaps he has the "as is" policy, but I have $550 in the GHE right now- receiver, forearm and barrels, and wonder about spending the same amount for a way higher graded buttstock, and no being able to return it for refund if it doesn't fit, or can't be made to fit without re-inventing the proverbial wheel.

My gunsmith may have a 12 gauge Repro stock from a UPS damage claim, not sure if it is a 1 &1/2 or a 2 size frame stock at the head- or if there is really much difference.

I would never try to pass off this "project Parker" as the real deal, and no one who knows them would accept that sham, I just want a ejector 12 "using gun" and the fact that it is an "Old Reliable" is my good fortune.

As this progresses, I will be glad to share the patent letters on the after-factory ejectors, and possibly before and after fotos.
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote