View Single Post
Project GHE- possible Christian Fischer ejectors
Unread 05-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thumbs up Project GHE- possible Christian Fischer ejectors

I have a "Parker Project" gun in the offing. I bought a GH 12 ga. No. 2 frame receiver sn. 115346 recently, complete with all parts and matching by sn. forearm- DT and with ejectors. My gunsmith (A PGCA Member) researched it, believes the ejectors were a later re-fit, and of a patent design Nov. 7th, 1899 by a Christian A. Fischer of Grand Forks ND.

My gunsmith feels that the gun was originally a GH non-ejector, he has a later (1920 era) pair of VHE 30" Mod and Full No. 2 frame barrels that fit my receiver and forearm iron.

I am in need of a usable buttstock to fit this receiver, would prefer a pg and with DHBP or period pad and uncut if at all possible. I shoot guns with fairly straight stock dims. No cast required, and I am right handed and have a right dominant eye. An aprox. 14.25" LOP from the front trigger to center of butt fits me just right-

Stock can be from any 12 grade- VH, PH or GH- and if repaired or refinished please advise. A stock shield is nice but not important, this is a "working gun", but the possible history of thr Fischer ejectors may also be of interest. Thanks..
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote