View Single Post
Unread 07-03-2019, 08:40 AM   #25
Ron Scott
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Flanders View Post
What a gorgeous gun! Looks unfired. What a treasure.
It's definitely not unfired. I know because I've patterned it (left barrel mod, right barrel full) and put a box of RST's through it at Hausmann's in June.

I thought long and hard about shooting it. Not because of a fear of bulging or blowing up the Damascus barrels but because it is so pristine -- I'd hate to trip and fall and damage it in any way.

My father had the gun hidden in its case up between the floor joists in his house for at least 40 years. I got to look at it about once every other year or so. He never shot it and I do not believe his uncle ever did either. So it was no easy decision to shoot it.

We talked about the gun and if we should shoot it or not. If we never shot it it would remain in my safe until I'm gone. Then it would go to one of my daughters -- then what? Would she sell it or would her kid sell it after she's gone? That didn't seem like the greatest option. I'm never going to sell it so why not shoot it? I also thought it would be pretty cool to watch my 88 yrs young father shoot it for the first time. Which he did earlier this year at our local skeet club.
Ronald Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ronald Scott For Your Post: