View Single Post
Unread 03-07-2021, 09:39 AM   #14
Andrew Frank
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thank you everyone! I’ve been looking around at barrels I can find and complete guns and at this point I’m leaning towards throwing in the towel on this gun. Seems like any barrel worth buying is $2000 or more and any parts guns describe their barrels as a sewage pipe. For now I think I’ll just put her in the back of the safe and keep my eyes open. Maybe I’ll send the barrels off to Briley and see what they say, they still lock up tight and fit the gun, another 28 gauge could be fun.

As for hot blueing causing the blow out, its totally possible. I’m not a gunsmith but I do know they were re blued. That said the bluing does look more like the original bluing on my Fox Sterlingworth which leads me to believe they were rust blued, but I could be wrong. Either way they are no longer safe to shoot in their current configuration. I’m just happy I didn’t get hurt or somebody next to me didn’t take shrapnel from an exploding barrel. Either way this gun gave me the bug and I’m on the hunt for my next Parker, it will be in better shape than this one.
AndrewFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndrewFrank For Your Post: