View Single Post
Unread 01-28-2021, 10:50 AM   #6
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,789 Times in 3,967 Posts

I would hate to have to pay for the shells in trying to blow up a Damascus or twist or any of the barrel steel made...if one got a penny for each shell that did not blow up a Damascus barrel and the other guy got a dollar for each shell that did blow up a barrel in a days time I would take a penny for each shell shot that did not blow up a barrel...at the end of the day I would have lots of pennys and the guy with a dollar a piece for each shell blowing up a gun would be in hole..bet he could not buy a cup of coffee at the end of the day... in my dads life time of shooting old guns he blowed up a set of stevens double barrels...it was a new gun...it was not the barrels fault...for some reason he pulled the shot out of the shell a 12 ga...it was Christmas time and he was shooting the blanks just making a loud noise celebrating Christmas...he said one of the blanks just barely sounded off and he took the shell out and put another shell in never looking down the barrel to see if a wad had lodged in the barrel...upon shooting it again the right barrel burst about 18 inches of the barrel....I still got that barrel that was 1947 year I was born... then I have shot all the old Damascus and twist steel barrel guns my daddy ever traded for and that was a lot of them old guns loose ans shakey and rusty...I was just a kid I did not know these old guns were supposedly dangeros....no telling how many boxes of high brass 10 ga 2 7/8 length shells I have shot in them old 10 ga clunkers....plenty of old high and low brass shells to in the 12 ga...only ever blowed up one gun it was a Remington 28 ga automatic fluid steel barrel...the day we traded for it I looked down the barrel inside it was a ring of rust about the end of the forearm..i told the guy who owned it about it he looked downed the barrel said it would be ok...I told him it mite burst he says I will put a new barrel on it if it does...next weekend my dad and I went squirl hunting the barrel burst on the 3 shot I fired....the man put a new barrel on it....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post: