View Single Post
Assistance please
Unread 06-29-2017, 07:04 PM   #1
William Woods
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default Assistance please

I picked up a Parker DHE 12 GA, 30 inch barrels, double triggers, at an auction some time ago. It functions as it should. Cosmetically it needs some help. According to the Parker Serialization Book this Parker had a straight stock. The letter I obtained from the PGCA states the gun had a capped pistol grip stock. I do not believe the butt stock on the gun is original to the gun. It currently has a capped pistol gripped stock. The forend has the inlets for the two points at each end of the iron, but the iron does not have the points, just the round ends. Were the point separate from the rest of the iron? The beads from the rib were missing when I got the gun. Would this gun have had dual ivory beads, or the brass type? Where could I find beads for this Parker? The fore end is easily removable, but the barrels cannot be removed from the gun. There is a rod on the right front side of the receiver that is flush with the front. I have been told that this rod should protrude, and that being stuck is the reason that barrels cannot be removed. I checked with one of the well known names on the work that needs to be done and was told the estimate would be about three times the value of the gun. That is not a prudent move for me so I might stick to a stock replacement and having the forend refinished. Suggestions to this newly renewed member would be appreciated.
William Woods is offline   Reply With Quote