View Single Post
Unread 11-24-2020, 10:19 AM   #85
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,861 Times in 4,750 Posts

I have some early Ulrich engraved Model 12 Pigeon Grades and the Remingtons have it all over the Winchesters in the engraving department, although the Ulrich guns are nicer than the later Kusmit examples. I cowrote an article for the first quarter 2015 Remington Society Journal about my Model 10F owned previously by John Phillip Sousa. Oddly, the article included some nice pictures, unusual for me. The engraving is a similar pattern to the 11Fs pictured by Kevin and Craig. I also have a 10E that is every bit as nice as the 10F and with way better wood. Both are 32", 26" two barrel sets. Another of my favorite non SxSs is John Phillip Sousa's Lindner Daly Sextuple trap I wrote about in Double Gun Journal Summer 2013, also with pictures. Who said Murphy never posts pictures? I also love my Model 11 and Browning squarebacks, but I don't have any engraved examples, but I'm looking. My favorite Model 11 is a rare mint 20 gauge Skeet with factory beavertail. Another Model 11 20 is a round top conversion done in the forties, probably by Griffin and Howe. I've only seen one other, but it had a cracked receiver so I lost interest. It was a real tragedy because it was an F Grade. Today, I would rescue that gun, have it welded and reengraved.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote