Thread: 10 ga
View Single Post
Unread 08-05-2018, 10:06 PM   #6
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

i m loading no 7 1/2 shot...shot a dr pepper can at 32 steps right barrel 13 hits left barrel i could not count the holes...the shells were the paper hull low brass victor shells had to use the old no 57 primer in them...the smoke really smalled good coming out of those old hulls...got 50 shells loaded now run out of empty hulls guess i need to buy some new ones to load up...the old gun was a 10 ga lifter low serial no 5884...its one of those plain steel marked barrel guns..bores a little rough but not bad...i bought this thing off the internet for a 12 ga when it arrived it was a 10 ga it was so tight and good looking i just kept it...hammers are tight as a new gun i do not think it s been shot much...have not weighed the gun but guessing about 8 1/2 lbs i can handle it pretty good....the ded dot loads sounded good with not to muck recoil very small... the 19 grains of reddot with 1 1/8 ounce of lead is the best small game and dove load you can find...in the 10 ga ....these old early lifters are fun guns the barrels are really swamped a lot looking down the barrels between the hammers and the bead you have the best sight pattern you could ask for....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote