View Single Post
Unread 02-04-2020, 02:37 PM   #14
MD*GSP
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Gardner View Post
Not being boastful but you’ll be hard pressed to find a 28 Repro as nice as the one that I just sold. 2-barrel set; double triggers; btfe, straight stock. Case coloring by Bachelder, wood refinished with an original type Parker finish. It looked as close to an original DHE as possible. It sold for what I paid for it before I had any of the work done. A friend who is a prominent dealer if very high end firearms told me the ONLY reports that are commanding premiums are those unfired and in completely NIB condition. He warned me no one would pay extra for the work that I had done. Think about it this way: why would anyone pay a $1000 premium for work that they could have done for less than that.
Why not acquire an original DHE, or one that's got honest wear and can be re-habbed if that's what one wants? A PR will always be a PR, no matter the enhancements, no?

(no judgment here or opining on someone else's choices w/their own property - just playing devil's advocate, and curious to hear opinions)
Scot Cardillo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Cardillo For Your Post: