View Single Post
Bacon Grease- maybe not today
Unread 10-17-2009, 07:38 AM   #10
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Bacon Grease- maybe not today

This is a fine dressing....kept my Imperials and zip back Russells flexible for many years and these old Carters have killed some turkeys and birds.

Years ago I dressed jesses with bacon grease...but learned that straight fresh Crisco was better. Try Pecard. Thanks Kent, I forgot about that brand. I heard something at last night's poker game (Friday 10/16) a new member to the "Busted Flushers" with gun deer season only a month away, here in MI we are "encouraged" to take any feral pigs we might encounter. He has had some experience hunting them in other States- mentioned that a sure fire way to attract feral pigs is to fry up until crisp a pound of bacon and place it in a mesh bag upwind several hundred yards from your stand- apparently that draws feral pigs in like bears go for blueberries. So perhaps a bacon grease odor on the Imperials or Bird Shooters may not be the way to go. Hunting grouse in heavy cover with your 28 gauge DHE and number 8 shot- and you are charged by a wild pig- certainly would make for quite an experience.
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote