Thread: Just stuff
View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2018, 12:43 AM   #3
TxHuntermn
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,318 Times in 755 Posts

I have sent the pair of Orvis Gokey, all leather snake boots, that I received from my Dad when I graduated from college (more than a few years ago), back to Orvis three times in the 36 years I have owned them....the first time, they called and said they wanted to send me a new pair of boots...after several calls, they understood I just wanted new soles, as I have literally hunted all over the world, in four continents, wearing those boots. Gokey complied, and the next two times, I had not to say a thing. A rep called me both times assuring me that they would retain everything on the boots salvageble. Those boots have turned back three rattler strikes, one gaboon viper strike in the Kalihari desert of Botswana, a pissed off blue heeler hog dog in the midst of dispatching a russian boar at a midnight “baying”in the Texas Hill Country and allowed me to kick a porcupine away from my best Setter a couple of decades ago. They are old fashioned, heavy, and ugly. And although I now own several other pairs of snake boots, unless I require water proof, I go to the gokeys, they are my “old friends”!!,