View Single Post
Unread 05-12-2019, 10:37 AM   #19
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,906 Times in 2,688 Posts

I picked up a 12g lifter a few years ago. Fellow asked $250. Stock needed some tweaking, barrels/receiver were fine. Bores were pitted. Found a second set of barrels w/forend that fit right on the frame with very little fitting. Neither barrel set had bores that I would have shot. So, I sent both bbl sets to Briley after speaking with their bbl guy. They made standard weight tubes to stay in the bbls with fixed chokes. I had one set made for 28g and the second for .410. Both were choked LM right and IM left. Gun shoots like a dream!! Nothing like shooting little shells out of a full size gun and I don't have to even worry about changing tube sets as they only fit these bores. They advised to not have them "glued" in place as they would be ruined if I had to have barrel work done in the future. They told me that they will not loosen or move as they are fit "snug"!! For arount $1800 total I now have 2 sub-gauge guns to shoot!! Now I want a 3rd barrel set for a #1 square frame 12g to have 20g tubes installed.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!