View Single Post
Unread 08-22-2015, 09:19 PM   #15
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,708 Times in 877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCordell View Post
Would like to see a pic of thar 2 frame. I have the same in 10. I like the idea of a 12 ga barrel option.
Missed the chance to take a good photo outside so used the old cell phone. I am continually attracted to junk just like a kid bringing home stray dogs. The gun was advertised as a 12 GA but turned out to be a 10 on a number 2 frame. Gun was tight, but most people probably would not shoot these barrels, but I have multiple times. Advertised here for some 12 GA barrels and the set I got fit right on there perfectly with the matching forend. I found a small crack in the wrist so had that repaired, the oil soaked out of the head of the stock, the checkering recut, and I rust blued the buttplate, trigger guard, triggers, lifter button, and screws. Lots of rust removed with a Dremel tool and Frontier pad. Oiled the stock every day for over a month, but left many of the warts in the wood. Will never finish either set of barrels; it is just a field gun. 10 GA I.M. and I.M. 30" and 12 GA I.C. and I.C. Lots of my time in it but that's the fun of finding and fixing junk and making it presentable. 8 lbs. 2 oz. in 12 and 8 lbs. 7 oz. in 10. 1878.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1878 10 GA 2 FRAME LIFTER WITH 12 GA BARRELS.jpg (150.0 KB, 16 views)
Jerry Harlow is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Harlow For Your Post: