View Single Post
Unread 10-19-2019, 05:55 PM   #34
Hixie
PGCA Member

Member Info

This has been a great thread. As for using a purse to carry gear, when my mother decided to move out of the family home and into an apartment, she also decided to give up her collection of designer handbags. I'm interested in so many things in the world, but designer handbags isn't one of them. However, I saw one that was very simple and made of very fine leather by something called Hobo and I thought I could use the leather to make a knife sheath or other accoutrement, so I took it. A few weeks later I was sitting in my den with it and there was a box of shotshells sitting there...and I put it in the hand bag, and then found that it would hold four boxes of 20 ga or 12 ga shells perfectly! So it sits in my truck during hunting season with the shotshells in it ready for action. When I told my mother about this, she laughed and laughed and told me that I was indeed my father's son. Then she frowned and I asked her what was wrong. She said "I think I paid $750.00 for that bag!"

As for carrying a handgun, I do religiously...a Glock 19. It can hold a magazine with 15 rounds in it but here in NY I can only use a mag that holds 10 rounds max. I once used it to dispatch a deer that was hit by a car while I was on my way home from a bird hunting trip. Otherwise, I've never had to use it other then range practice. We have lots of porcupines around and I use the e-collar transmitter for that. I worry more about coyotes, bears and two-legged creatures so I carry it while bird hunting for that.
Ted Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ted Hicks For Your Post: