View Single Post
Flea Market Find
Unread 07-23-2021, 09:33 PM   #1
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,828 Times in 2,017 Posts

Default Flea Market Find

After wandering for hours at the giant flea market in Rodgers , Ohio, with my wife, and on the way to the truck, I spy a gunrack with several doubles. There were 3 worn out Smith 12 ga's, a 20 Nitro Special with a broken stock, and then I spot a long, lean smallbore, It was a Dickinson EState 28 ga, 30" barrels, 5 choke tubes, factory case, and patterning sheets from the factory. Straight grip, DT, LOP of 14 3/4". A lot straighter DAH than I am accustomed to shooting. He came quickly down from his asking price of $1900 to $1500. The gun does have some handling marks, a scratch on the head of the stock, but is in very good condition. I recalled someone saying that trigger pulls were sometimes a problem with them, but he allowed me to try them out, and seemed fine. Well, I was only carrying a couple hundred dollars, and he didnt take credit cards, but is only located an hour from me.
I recall some previous posts on these guns--Scotty traded his off , but John D. liked his--I tried a search but couldnt find the posts. Any body else own/shoot one of these? What's your opinion on these?