View Single Post
Unread 05-04-2016, 04:07 PM   #13
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,735 Times in 1,252 Posts

Well I went back over to the gun shop today to take a second look at this Trojan 16 as well as take some pics to post here. The ser # of this 16 is 198098 and lists in the book as having 28 inch barrels. I measured the barrels and they're about 1/16 of an inch shy of 28 inches and the roll stamping runs right to the end of the barrel. So, someone has shaved a minor amount off the end of the barrels but I swear I could still see a keel. Didn't have my choke gauge with me but suspect very little effect on the original chokes with so little taken off the barrel ends. Ends probably got dinged up somewhere along the line. Interior barrels are clean. Gun has just a hair of play, barely noticeable with forend off. No play with forend on. But bottom line for me is that however slightly shaved, it's not original enough for me to make an offer. If anyone wants to pursue this, pm me.
Nw let's see if my pics from my cell will post. Note pics of checkering. Wood may appear much lighter in the pic than to the naked eye.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 278.jpg (300.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 279.jpg (461.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 280.jpg (472.6 KB, 0 views)
allen newell is offline   Reply With Quote