View Single Post
New member and in need of advice
Unread 10-14-2023, 04:02 PM   #1
Conor Curtin
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New member and in need of advice

Greetings. I recently developed an increasing interest in Parker shotguns and in my search for information I of course found my way here. This all started when I decided I wanted to get back into classic doubles to shoot some clays with and to hunt with. I grew up shooting and competing with vintage British doubles, but I want to try something new. I found myself in a local gun shop recently with a huge selection of vintage Parkers and a few of the reproductions. That all got my wheels spinning and here I am.

I currently have my eye on a Parker reproduction SSS unfired and with a lot of the features I like in my guns. The stock dimensions would seem to suit me well, the seller is probably on the forum here somewhere. I did have some questions you all might be able to help me with.

I am looking for a gun to use not to collect, is it worth the premium for an unfired gun if I’m going to use it? It is reasonably priced but I think more than if I had been lightly used. Should I worry and a straight stock cracking? Can I treat it like a modern shotgun, with in reason of course. I not a fan of all this super fast ammo that’s popular these days. I am drawn to the SSS because I do a bit of hunting in the UK and they, and a lot of other places in Europe have, or soon will ban lead. This wouldn’t be a primary clays gun, but it would see some service in that department.

I would love to hear the members thoughts on my predicament and get some advice.
Conor Curtin is offline   Reply With Quote