View Single Post
Unread 01-20-2018, 02:54 PM   #6
WmRike
Forum Associate

Member Info

I have all three, and more than a single version of some. I enjoy all of them immensely.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I put the Smith behind the other two. It might be the aesthetics or that the action is not quite as smooth. Still, it's a great shooting gun.

I am always impressed with the fit and finish of the Parker - unquestionably head and shoulders above the others. Everything about its operation is so smooth. It has generated some nice scores for this not-so-great shooter.

Trap guns are supposed to be rugged and reliable. Put a case through an Ithaca and you will begin to suspect a Knick will never break. Not just my opinion - Ithaca outsold Smith and Parker as long as all three were being made contemporaneously. However, it you handle enough Ithacas, you will see some suspect fitting here and there that impacts one's sensibilities more than the function of the gun. The Knicks are still my favorite, and because of their greater numbers, I think are easier to find in good condition.

There are smiths who are deservedly renowned as experts for each of the makes. Competent service and repairs are easy to come by, it's just the agony of downtime that you have to endure
WmRike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WmRike For Your Post: