Thread: My Maggie
View Single Post
My Maggie
Unread 05-11-2019, 07:44 PM   #1
Matt Valinsky
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default My Maggie

Thought I would post a couple pictures of my Maggie. Picture #1 is Maggie up in Wisconsin 3 years ago at 2.5 years of age. First day hunting and less than 20 minutes being down and she is on point. I flushed up a grouse and I mmmisssssed.

#2 Maggie on point here in Ohio on a wild pheasant. We still have pockets of them around the state.

#3 Maggie at 2 years old on a training day doing some backing drills.

#4 Kind of a group picture here. What's the big deal of a picture of one grouse up in the UP? Well, Maggie worked that bird about as good as I've ever seen a grouse dog work a bird. She relocated 6 or 8 times on that bird and pinned it. I expected at any time she would get in to close with to much pressure and bump the bird, she didn't, I guess she knows what she is doing. She was 4 years old for this hunt. Maggie is about as good a grouse dog as I could ask for.

Last year we stayed in state to hunt but this year the plans are Maine and Nova Scotia. My Gus dog is really showing to becoming a good dog, actually he is a bit ahead of Maggie at the same age. He will be making the trip also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maggie2resized.jpg (360.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Maggie resized1.jpg (294.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg maggie3resized.jpg (288.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg maggie4resized.jpg (476.5 KB, 1 views)
Matt Valinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Matt Valinsky For Your Post: