Unread 05-05-2019, 09:43 PM   #3
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,469 Times in 3,042 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Zickert View Post
Hi there,

New user from Seattle! Over Christmas I read the story in Shooting Sportsman about the Parker Reproductions which kicked off my search. My father has an old Parker that he never shoots as its too small for him but we both always loved the history of the company. For me, hunting is an emotional experience and that connection to history certainly adds some romanticism to the entire process.

After reading the Repro article I immediately began searching for one. I wanted a 20, to use as a field gun, with 28" barrels as I tend to be a taller guy. I was open on the foreend, split vs beavertail, as one looks more classic and one is more practical for my comfort.

I recently picked one up while at a tournament in Reno, this sleepy little gunshop happened to have almost the exact one I wanted and at what seemed to be a fair price. I had only about 20 minutes to decide to pull the trigger or leave it and I hope I made the right decision.

I've just returned from my trip to find my new gun awaiting me patiently. I'm thrilled with it and will hopefully have a chance to inspect it more closely and test it out.
Michael, You are so right about the "emotional experience" of hunting with a double the design of which has proven itself for many years. Enjoy that new gun(!) and welcome.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: