View Single Post
Unread 09-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #26
Robert Tarbox
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks to both Davids for responding, I am working with a local gunsmith currently and I will know in a week or so if this works out. He said he had made one of these before. We'll see.

Regarding my relationship to Meg, she is a fine young lady, however she is the daughter of my cousin, and not my daughter. When her Grand Parents lived there, I was privileged to have some mighty fine seafood dinners in her dinning room.

When I was discussing with the gunsmith, about procuring a replacement spring, he mentioned that if I had brought the gun to him to fit the replacement part, He would have to disable the gun by removing the firing pins since it was a twist steel barrel. Needless to say, but I did not leave the gun in his hands. I am aware of the potential safety issue in blatantly using some current factory loads in the gun, but to disarm the gun without owner consent doesn't seem right to me. I'm not aware of any law to that effect, but if there is, please let me know.

I will keep you advised regarding my success in finding a suitable replacement spring, and if I need further assistance here, I will advise the forum.

Thanks for all your help.
Robert Tarbox is offline   Reply With Quote