View Single Post
Unread 01-20-2021, 11:20 AM   #3
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,002 Times in 464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Oliver View Post
Milton, I don't have an 8 gauge(yet...), but I have been very interested in these fiber shot cups. I would like to try them in brass shells as well as in a muzzleloader(in several gauges).

I would think those wads would really help the pattern and extend the range in muzzleloaders, which usually have a a cylinder choke. I have a few percussion sxs guns and some flintlock fowlers I should us more often.

I have only seen them listed in England. I know that there is a trend to move away from plastic wads. I need to order some(if I can) and give them a try.
I think we can order wads and such from over there just no primers of course .
I would like to pickup a 8 gauge but I think its best to wait . I seen on a wildfowling forum alot of them said what I was thinking . With the new laws going into effect the 8 bores are going to be too expensive for reloading or too much of a hassle to carry afield so the market might bottom out on them . I think as they get older they figure why carry a 8 when they can carry a 20 ga loaded with tss .

Their resizing die looks interesting im pretty sure Ive seen this on the forum before .
https://www.claygame.co.uk/8ga-case-resizing-die-pd158
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote