View Single Post
Unread 11-02-2018, 02:57 PM   #5
Nicholas Stauber
Forum Associate

Member Info

This is exactly the info I needed so I can help him out. I noticed the lack of the dolls head and then found this forum by searching for that info. It was difficult to ascertain from the thread what effect it would have on the value, so I'm glad you could set me straight. The gun was supposedly purchased by the owner's great grandfather in the 30's and has been a family heirloom ever since. The lock up is still tight and I'm sure its shootable with suitable loads. I'm advising the customer to get a factory letter just add to the provenance.
The info about the bore size is lines up exactly with my measurements and the manufacturing technology used by these gunmakers is remarkable given the time period. The part about boring Damascus barrels and making irregular chips makes perfect sense. The barrels on this particular gun are thick and hefty - the unstruck weight is stamped 5 and the whole gun is just a shade under 9lbs.
After handling a bunch that their owners were unwilling to part with, I'm still looking for a Parker of my own. Thanks to all for their help. I don't have any lavish photos like those taken by the owners or restoration experts and uploaded here, but I will upload some snaps I took while taking notes (the customer was hesitant to leave the gun here more than a few hours).
Nicholas Stauber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nicholas Stauber For Your Post: