View Single Post
Unread 11-18-2020, 12:02 PM   #3
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

Welcome to the forum Jeff!

Chances are is that the barrel set you have was/is part of a 2-bbl. set. If so, and if it is marked like my 2-bbl. set, there will likely be the number "1" stamped into the bottom of the forend lug. I have also seen them stamped "1" or "2" on the forward barrel lug. If there is no "1" or "2" anywhere stamped in either of these two places then it likely was a stand alone single barrel gun -- or possibly, but not likely given the S/N, an overrun extra set of barrels that were never part of an original gun.

Most 28ga. Repro owners have found that barrels outside of their gun's original barrels will snap right on and require little to no fitting. If as described and the chokes haven't been messed with I would value your barrel set at around $1800-$2000.

In regards to buying another gun and make it into a 2-bbl. set, keep in mind you will probably want to buy a 2-bbl. set case (not unheard of, but they seldom come to market) and sell the single barrel case that comes with the single bbl. gun. IMO, if you're dead set on a 2-bbl. set, I would sell the barrels you have and buy a matching number 2-bbl. set w/case.