View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2019, 08:12 PM   #18
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

Vance at $1500 in it so far you are waaaaay ahead of the game with that rare Parker.

But proceed very slowly and get solid advice on how you plan to ‘pretty up’ your PHE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance Cain View Post
Parker 216945 10 gauge was made in 1926, #3 frame and has Parker Steel barrels. The gun is pretty clean and tight. The wood has no cracks or dings, beautiful contrasting dark patterns, but was cover by several layers of old varnish. I am in the process of stripping and refinishing it with a "French Polish". The blued barrels are about 98% with 2 small dings (or pits), not noticeable without looking closely for them, and the bores shiney. The breech is silver colored (little to no case colors left) showing a little wear at the light engraving around the edges and screws. The DH butt plate is clean but shows a little wear at the top. The person that sold it to me was a coon hunter in New Jersey and frequently used it. I have about $1500 in it to date and wouldn't mind spending some money to get it proper, assuming I don't get upside down in value. Thank you very much for your help thus far!

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote