"Ruffed Grouse" by John Alden Knight
Unread 12-17-2016, 03:59 PM   #1
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,236 Times in 12,377 Posts

Default "Ruffed Grouse" by John Alden Knight

Didn't want to hop on to Destry's For Sale thread of this book so I'm starting one I hope will be of interest to Members.
This is not for sale by myself or anyone I know and I have no 'skin in the game.'

I received a booklet today from a book seller here in the Northeast and in it is this one... (it's just a tad out of reach for me at the moment, but I sure would like to have it if any of you were wondering what you could get me for Christmas )

"Ruffed Grouse" by John Alden Knight - Knopf, New York, 1947, #34 of 210 copies signed by the author, printed on rag paper, with an extra color plate laid-in (a duplicate of the frontispiece). Illustrated with 4 color plates by Dr. Edgar Burke, and b&w photographs. 7.25" x 10.5". 274 pp. Bound in three-quarter black leather, off-white cloth covered boards. Natural history and hunting of the ruffed grouse, with information on guns, loads, dogs, hunting methods, etc. Very Scarce. Fine+ in very good original slipcase. $950.-

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: