View Single Post
Unread 08-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #35
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,167 Times in 3,263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Carr View Post
I read a chapter that included information on frame sizes in The Parker Story. In it it stated that only one hammer gun 10 gauge was ever produced. Could that possibly be correct? Would like additional thoughts on the gun being patterned with 8 shot and 3 inch chambers.
Might it been used on Prairie chickens? Pheasants were not well established. I think in 1890 passenger pigeons were already well on the way to extinction I believe. As stated Sandhills cranes are a possibility although I have leaned towards # 4 shot when I hunt them down here. What shot did market hunters lean towards for ducks?

I don't have access to ancestry.com does anyone have an account that they could look at and see if Weber or Hawley as lists on the research letter might have any data on them? Or if you have any thoughts on where I might find information it would be great.

"In it it stated that only one hammer gun 10 gauge was ever produced. Could that possibly be correct?" i think something is missing in this statement - since i have more than one hammer ten

and try searching the link in here - its at least worth a try

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19661