View Single Post
Unread 09-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #22
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Zachow View Post
It would have to be a takedown as only 12s were made as non takedown (model 25s). Actually, the price is a bit high for a reblued 12. Up here in New York, you can find original, unrefinished 16 gauge guns for $300 to $350. These would be about 80 to 90percent guns.
I agree; too pricey. I paid $225 two years ago in a pawn shop for a 16 Model 12 with a replacement magazine. Very little finish on the receiver, full choke and a barrell that reaches way out there! Has an old recoil pad. Great bore and the gun works like new. So it's okay.

I just purchased a like new model 12, 1962 12 gauge modified for $465. That guns looks like it just came off of the showroom floor. Smooth as glass without a mark on it, original butt plate. I haven't even shot it yet! However, I bought that gun from Nosler and they aren't a shotgun place and they sort of dumped it. Someone had traded it in on a rifle.

My favorite one is a Nickle Steel 12 that has nearly turned silver. A 1923 gun. Here it is:

I paid under $300 for this shotgun.

Pretty nearly worn silver. This gun was two years old when my father was born. I like old "I've been there" guns. Sometimes you have to spend some $ on them. I had some work done on this, but it is wonderful today.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve McCarty For Your Post: