View Single Post
444 Marlin to 410
Unread 12-09-2020, 05:04 PM   #1
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default 444 Marlin to 410

There's a thread over on shotgunsports.com titled the same. Some of us at the club shoot 410s and got interested in having brass shells - Magteck seems to be out. The fellow tried 444 Marlins [ creedmoorsports.com - 64$/100 ] . The rim is a bit too thick by a couple of thou so he sanded them down. I ordered some 444, but while I was waiting I found some 40/72 cases and did the same. My cases were a bit too small in diameter for the plastic wad so I punched some fiber ones out with a 7/16 punch. They worked pretty good. Well. that sanding down was a bit more than I wanted for a hundred so I got looking at the 40/72s and noticed the underside of the rim is flat, or parallel with the back. A couple of swipes with a wedge file to bevel the rim and bingo, the SxS closes real nice. So, when my 444 cases come a little file work and I'll be ready. The guy found it took a OP card to seal up good - the plastic wad was a bit too small. He used a hot glue gun on top of the OS card. Other guys claim the 410 is the most forgiving when it comes to a crimp. One guy claimed it didn't matter just so long as the shot doesn't fall out.We'll find out in a couple of days.