View Single Post
Lifter for Trap - Uneven Lock Wear?
Unread 01-17-2019, 10:16 PM   #1
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,179 Times in 633 Posts

Default Lifter for Trap - Uneven Lock Wear?

I have been shooting trap for the past few weeks something I haven’t done in 20 years. I had picked up a used BT-99 a while ago, but I don’t like how it is designed to shot high. I have to change the way I shoot, which I worry will mess me up for sporting clays and hunting.

I brought my 1880 Lifter last week and tonight and did very well with it…22s, 21s, 20s, which is good for me and slightly better than I was doing with the BT-99. I got a few looks at first, but the lifter is doing very well and it’s fun to talk about the gun’s history and Parkers in general. This is one of my go to Parkers, a Grade 2 Equivalent with 32” barrels choked tight and the same in both barrels.

My question is should I alternate which side of the barrel I am shooting so I don’t put wear on just the right lock?

I thought about that tonight since I have been only using the right barrel/lock. I decided to shoot the back trigger on stations 2 and 4 and it messed me up a bit(cost me 3-5 birds at least in my mind I got 17s and 18s on those rounds). I was thinking I could practice and get better at shooting the back trigger first, which would help.

I was curious to see what the rest of you are doing when you shoot trap with a hammer gun and if I am overthinking this?

Thank you!
Jay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1880Lifter32-forumb.jpg (204.9 KB, 6 views)
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay Oliver For Your Post: