View Single Post
Unread 12-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #39
William J. Latta
PGCA Member

Member Info

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen lovely old Parkers that have never been worked on and they look like it, I've seen lovely old Parkers that were restored and they look wonderful and I've see old beat to hell guns that spent time in the buckboard or car trunk and/or behind grandpa's closet door that look just God awful. I have also seen "Restored" Parkers that look like a painted whore that I would no more be caught with than a painted whore. The point being it depends on the condition of the gun and the Restorer. If a Parker has been used hard as many of the lower grades were, they worked and therefore many an owner worked them hard, the restoration process if done by someone of Larry DelGrego's quality who knows Parkers inside and out will enhance the gun and probably extend the life of it. Larry returned to useful life a couple of old beauties I acquired at estate auctions and in old relic stores. Most would have been considered a POS by an untrained eye. They are beautiful now and just about anyone I know would be more than happy/proud to own them. I know what I paid for them and I know what they are worth today; I'm ahead.
William J. Latta is offline   Reply With Quote