View Single Post
Unread 07-04-2019, 10:29 AM   #20
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,001 Times in 463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Collins View Post
I've heard many compliments on Goex Olde Eynsford black powder. A hundred years ago they found what patterns best and you might find a lighter load than 2oz will pattern better. The Fluid Film I mentioned earlier is a lanolin based and not result in black powder fouling like petroleum based products. https://www.theruststore.com/Fluid-F...l-P179C67.aspx I wipe my bore out with rubbing alcohol prior to loading. When I start to get fouling on the range I will swab the bore with MAP (equal parts of murphy's oil soap, rubbing alcohol, and hydrogen peroxide) followed by rubbing alcohol. MAP will often do as good a job cleaning the barrels as soap and water.
Thanks I will check that out also .

I also wanted to ask has anyone bought and used the ch 8 ga dies for resizing industrial cases ? I have a theory that if the specific case wax/lube ( I will have to look up the brand) used for resizing 50 bmg brass will resize those cases who are blown way out of spec from m2 chambers . I think that particular case lube would work just as well on resizing industrial cases .
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote