View Single Post
Unread 02-14-2018, 07:05 AM   #6
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Yep I was pretty sure that was the right story about Chicken. No reason to doubt it. I thought pilot was creative.

Growing up in Southeast there are countless towns with funky and funny names and stories behind them. There was a town closed to where I lived as kid that was basically a crossroads of where 6 roads came together and it was called Scant City. Seems moon shining was big business back in the day when it got its name. It was not named because it was small place, its name came from the scant pint of shine that came in a mason jar. There must have been hundreds of stills back where we lived 80 to 100 years before and remnants were everywhere in those hills and hollars. I found two of them the hard way. Get 80 years of old limbs and debris covering and old rusty mash pit full of broken glass, jagged rusty metal, and what not is down right scary.

Alaska is stunning enough from ground level, but you'll never understand or appreciates its scale and grandeur unless you witness it flying, and not at 30K feet.

Last edited by Todd Poer; 02-14-2018 at 07:42 AM..
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote