Thread: Best Day Afield
View Single Post
Unread 04-12-2019, 10:45 PM   #10
Brett Hoop
PGCA Member

Member Info

Giving a single “Best Day” would be impossible. I have been blessed to have been started right by a hunting family that owned property managed for wildlife probation. And traveling for additional hunting was just a normal course of planning. Further blessed with an understanding wife that has allowed me to “make a plan”. Many plans, many dreams, many places.
Currently nothing drives me more than a young Setter working a covert where grouse, and as Evans called them cock, make a life. I am my best and feeling most alive watching a young dog quartering, head high and out in front. When that dog stacks up in a scent induced quivering trance or I can see his wheels turning trying to figure out just what to do about a moving grouse, I know he is living out his dreams while fulfilling mine. Those are best days. We do something everyday to work for those best days.

Harold Pickens and I work on doing our part and shoot a few sport clays those are best days.

As C.OB. Says the best grouse gun is the next one, I try and make tomorrow the best one.
Brett Hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brett Hoop For Your Post: