View Single Post
Unread 04-12-2019, 11:35 AM   #3
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,601 Times in 3,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Riddell View Post
I cant say its the best, as god willing I have many more decades ahead of me, but one that stands out and always will. We decided to foster an English pointer on a whim, fosters are tough. You never really know what trauma or baggage they may have collected to get them to the point of being brought to a shelter. But we took a chance. Danny was with us for about 3 months prior to bird season. He had some basic obedience but was rough around the edges. I decided to take him out on opening day, he was a little wild and frustrating, then BAM that light switch flip on and I watched all that training he was given come rushing back! What a day and what a dog. That's one that will stick with me, that one in a million dog that was fostered on a whim! Who went out into the field wild and came back fully trained! So far that's one of my best!
Rick, It's special when it happens, and, I'd venture, extra special to be a rescue dog. Thanks for responding.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: