View Single Post
to duplicate or use a pattern?
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:43 AM   #1
Alder Bark
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default to duplicate or use a pattern?

I recently purchased a 16 gauge vh frame size 1, it is in need of a new stock that fits my dimensions a little better.

the trouble is; the stock it has is not original, and does not fit perfectly. it is just off by the slightest of margins, and has a slight cast to the left ( which I don't want)... but I think the cast comes from the incorrect fit since the wood doesn't look like it was bent. and the top tang screw was ground at a different angle because who ever monkeyed with it could not time it right or the holes didn't line up right.

it really looks like the current stock it has on now came from a just slightly larger gun and the whole frame of the receiver is leaning ever so slightly to the right hand side of the stock. there is enough of a gap to slide a piece of printer paper into.

I am trying to decide if I should modify the stock to my dimensions and have it duplicated or find someone with a pre made pattern for an inletted stock that I could make fit.

I would much rather go the duplication route, but the stock isn't perfect to begin with and Im not sure how much better off I would be with a pattern?

any ideas? any recommendations on who to send it to for duplication or who to get a inletted stock from?

I have fitted a couple guns to semi inletted stocks before and really enjoyed the process and the outcome, so I am up for the challenge.
Mike R. Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote