View Single Post
Unread 06-08-2022, 08:51 PM   #16
John Taddeo
PGCA Member

Member Info

I have also been in these shoes Troy and truly feel for you. If I could share my 2 cents of advice it would be to locate a college university (if possible, in your area) with a veterinary program. I was able to take my last 2 Shorthairs to The Ohio State University for cancer diagnosis and treatment and the difference between my local Veterinary resources and the University was stunning (to say the least). To mention the obvious was the sheer number of opinions and knowledge as well data to access. The part that really kicks it in the ass is the total cost incurred was far less at Ohio State than anything I experienced locally. Obviously not for the random vet visit but in my last instance, my avatar dog gained 3 years (to 16) and had tail wagging quality of life for most
all of it (and did not die from the Liver cancer). Just food for thought looking forward, I have pet insurance on my dogs both young and old. There are some pretty good plans offered if you shop around, it sure helps take the cost issue from the decision equation.
John Taddeo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Taddeo For Your Post: